Eight arrested after Ilford stabbings
- Credit: Google
Eight have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after two stabbings in Ilford last week.
Officers responded to a report that a group of men were armed with knives and bats on Porters Avenue in Dagenham at around 9.30pm on Tuesday, May 28.
A fight had broken out inside and outside a fast food restaurant on the road, but the suspects had fled the scene before police arrived.
Around fifteen minutes later, paramedics called officers after they found two men with knife wounds on Eastern Avenue, Ilford.
Three males were also at the address and had injuries that police said were not knife-related.
You may also want to watch:
All five were taken to hospital. They weren't in a life-threatening condition.
Of the eight arrested, three are in their late teens, four are in their 20s and one man is in his early 60s.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
They have all been released on bail until late June. Enquires are ongoing.