Eight arrested after Ilford stabbings
- Credit: Google
Eight have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after two stabbings in Ilford last week.
Officers responded to a report that a group of men were armed with knives and bats on Porters Avenue in Dagenham at around 9.30pm on Tuesday, May 28.
A fight had broken out inside and outside a fast food restaurant on the road, but the suspects had fled the scene before police arrived.
Around fifteen minutes later, paramedics called officers after they found two men with knife wounds on Eastern Avenue, Ilford.
Three males were also at the address and had injuries that police said were not knife-related.
You may also want to watch:
All five were taken to hospital. They weren't in a life-threatening condition.
Of the eight arrested, three are in their late teens, four are in their 20s and one man is in his early 60s.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
They have all been released on bail until late June. Enquires are ongoing.