Eight arrested after Ilford stabbings
- Credit: Google
Eight have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after two stabbings in Ilford last week.
Officers responded to a report that a group of men were armed with knives and bats on Porters Avenue in Dagenham at around 9.30pm on Tuesday, May 28.
A fight had broken out inside and outside a fast food restaurant on the road, but the suspects had fled the scene before police arrived.
Around fifteen minutes later, paramedics called officers after they found two men with knife wounds on Eastern Avenue, Ilford.
Three males were also at the address and had injuries that police said were not knife-related.
You may also want to watch:
All five were taken to hospital. They weren't in a life-threatening condition.
Of the eight arrested, three are in their late teens, four are in their 20s and one man is in his early 60s.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
They have all been released on bail until late June. Enquires are ongoing.