Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating robberies in Woodford Green, including one in broad daylight when a woman was threatened at knifepoint in a park, have released an e-fit of a man they want to trace.
The description was provided by the female victim of a robbery in Roding Valley Park at 4pm on Sunday, January 24.
The woman was walking whilst talking on her phone, when a man threatened her with a knife to hand over the phone and the security details.
Some passers-by witnessed the incident and chased the man.
He eventually threw the phone on to a path and fled.
The suspect is described as a black man, aged around 18 and wearing a black hat and black clothing with a possible blue stripe down the side of his tracksuit trousers.
Enquiries remain ongoing to establish whether the offence is linked with two robberies that occurred in the same area on December 18 and 27.
Police are asking for any witnesses, or anyone who recognises the man in the e-fit, to call 101 quoting reference Cad 5632/24Jan or to remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 4 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown