Man charged with terrorism offence following a raid in Goodmayes
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with a terrorism offence following a series of raids by armed officers, including one in Goodmayes.
Sahayb Aweys Munye Abu, 27, of east London, has been charged with preparation of terrorist acts, contrary to section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006.
On July 9 four men were arrested on suspected terror offences as part of a joint operation between the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command and East Midlands Counter Terrorism Policing.
The operation was part of a proactive investigation relating to suspected terror offences.
A 31-year-old and a 17-year-old who were arrested at an address in east London were released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year-old man who was arrested at an address in Leicestershire was also released without charge.
Counter terrorism police were given permission to carry on detaining all four individuals who were arrested before they were released.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
The three individuals were released without charge between July 16 and July 20.
Abu has been remanded in custody to appear via video link at Westminster Magistrate’s Court on Friday, July 24.