Eagle-eyed shopkeeper spots Ilford resident dumping 16 sacks
- Credit: Archant
A shopkeeper has been praised after he spotted a fly-tipper dump 16 sacks of builders waste in Ilford.
The shop worker was casually browsing through his CCTV when he saw a man in a white Toyota pick-up truck deposit the rubbish outside a builders yard in Hickling Road, Ilford.
He reported the offence and enforcement officers were able to trace the vehicle and positively identify the culprit as Humayoun Zaman, 54, from Wellesley Road.
On Friday December 8, Zaman pleaded guilty to dumping the 16 sacks of waste in Hickling Road and was ordered to pay a fine and costs totalling £1,440.
Councillor Sheila Bain, cabinet member for Civic Pride, said: “We would like to thank this shopkeeper for coming forward with the information that has led to this fine.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone in the borough, residents and businesses alike, has a moral and legal responsibility to ensure that waste is disposed of in a legal and proper maner.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence