Eagle-eyed shopkeeper spots Ilford resident dumping 16 sacks
- Credit: Archant
A shopkeeper has been praised after he spotted a fly-tipper dump 16 sacks of builders waste in Ilford.
The shop worker was casually browsing through his CCTV when he saw a man in a white Toyota pick-up truck deposit the rubbish outside a builders yard in Hickling Road, Ilford.
He reported the offence and enforcement officers were able to trace the vehicle and positively identify the culprit as Humayoun Zaman, 54, from Wellesley Road.
On Friday December 8, Zaman pleaded guilty to dumping the 16 sacks of waste in Hickling Road and was ordered to pay a fine and costs totalling £1,440.
Councillor Sheila Bain, cabinet member for Civic Pride, said: “We would like to thank this shopkeeper for coming forward with the information that has led to this fine.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone in the borough, residents and businesses alike, has a moral and legal responsibility to ensure that waste is disposed of in a legal and proper maner.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap