Distraction burglar steals £200 from elderly woman in Woodford Green
An elderly woman was targeted by a distraction burglar this morning, who stole £200 and her bank card.
The man, posing as an EDF Energy employee, called at the woman’s home in Rokeby Gardens, Woodford Green, at about 10am and said he needed to read her meter.
While inside, he stole the money and the card.
A spokesman for Redbridge police said the man had what appeared to be an EDF pass.
The suspect is thought to be aged between 40 and 49 and he is described as 5ft 5ins tall, with short dark hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark coat, trousers and peaked cap.
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting the reference number 4420014/14.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford