Distraction burglar steals £200 from elderly woman in Woodford Green
An elderly woman was targeted by a distraction burglar this morning, who stole £200 and her bank card.
The man, posing as an EDF Energy employee, called at the woman’s home in Rokeby Gardens, Woodford Green, at about 10am and said he needed to read her meter.
While inside, he stole the money and the card.
A spokesman for Redbridge police said the man had what appeared to be an EDF pass.
The suspect is thought to be aged between 40 and 49 and he is described as 5ft 5ins tall, with short dark hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark coat, trousers and peaked cap.
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting the reference number 4420014/14.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms