Distraction burglar steals £200 from elderly woman in Woodford Green
An elderly woman was targeted by a distraction burglar this morning, who stole £200 and her bank card.
The man, posing as an EDF Energy employee, called at the woman’s home in Rokeby Gardens, Woodford Green, at about 10am and said he needed to read her meter.
While inside, he stole the money and the card.
A spokesman for Redbridge police said the man had what appeared to be an EDF pass.
The suspect is thought to be aged between 40 and 49 and he is described as 5ft 5ins tall, with short dark hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark coat, trousers and peaked cap.
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting the reference number 4420014/14.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London