Distraction burglar steals £200 from elderly woman in Woodford Green
An elderly woman was targeted by a distraction burglar this morning, who stole £200 and her bank card.
The man, posing as an EDF Energy employee, called at the woman’s home in Rokeby Gardens, Woodford Green, at about 10am and said he needed to read her meter.
While inside, he stole the money and the card.
A spokesman for Redbridge police said the man had what appeared to be an EDF pass.
The suspect is thought to be aged between 40 and 49 and he is described as 5ft 5ins tall, with short dark hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark coat, trousers and peaked cap.
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting the reference number 4420014/14.
- 1 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences