Did you see anything? Man in 50s killed in hit and run
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man in his early 50s has been killed in a hit and run crash in Chigwell.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following the fail to stop collision just before 3am on Saturday.
Police were called to Latchford Place at the junction with Romford Road following reports of an injured man.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, bu the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, based at Chadwell Heath, are investigating.
Det Sgt Helen Lambert said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision to speak with police. I would also like to hear from anyone who saw a Volkswagen, possibly a Touareg in the area. Whilst this vehicle may not have been involved in the collision, I am eager to speak with the driver.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 3 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 10 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
“I would also like to speak with anyone in the repair industry who has recently been approached by the owner of a vehicle that has frontal or windscreen damage.”
Anyone with any information should contact police on 020 8597 4874, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.