Did you see anything? Man in 50s killed in hit and run
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man in his early 50s has been killed in a hit and run crash in Chigwell.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following the fail to stop collision just before 3am on Saturday.
Police were called to Latchford Place at the junction with Romford Road following reports of an injured man.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, bu the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, based at Chadwell Heath, are investigating.
Det Sgt Helen Lambert said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision to speak with police. I would also like to hear from anyone who saw a Volkswagen, possibly a Touareg in the area. Whilst this vehicle may not have been involved in the collision, I am eager to speak with the driver.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
“I would also like to speak with anyone in the repair industry who has recently been approached by the owner of a vehicle that has frontal or windscreen damage.”
Anyone with any information should contact police on 020 8597 4874, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.