Dead cat dumped in Goodmayes
A dead cat was found by a young woman after it was dumped in a bin in Goodmayes.
Jessica Chohan, 21, discovered the ginger and white cat in Blythswood Road, Goodmayes on Monday after she heard shouting from a neighbour.
She said: “I was putting the rubbish out when I saw one of my neighbours shouting, ‘how can people be so disgusting and leave a dead cat in the street’.
“I have two cats and thought it might be one of mine so I went over to see. I burst into tears straight away, I could only see the poor little thing’s tail and ears.”
The cat, which did not appear to be wearing a collar, did not look to have any obvious physical injuries.
Miss Chohan added: “I don’t know how someone could do such a thing. I had to go to work straight away but when I came home it was gone.”
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 3 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 5 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 6 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend