Dead cat dumped in Goodmayes
A dead cat was found by a young woman after it was dumped in a bin in Goodmayes.
Jessica Chohan, 21, discovered the ginger and white cat in Blythswood Road, Goodmayes on Monday after she heard shouting from a neighbour.
She said: “I was putting the rubbish out when I saw one of my neighbours shouting, ‘how can people be so disgusting and leave a dead cat in the street’.
“I have two cats and thought it might be one of mine so I went over to see. I burst into tears straight away, I could only see the poor little thing’s tail and ears.”
The cat, which did not appear to be wearing a collar, did not look to have any obvious physical injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Chohan added: “I don’t know how someone could do such a thing. I had to go to work straight away but when I came home it was gone.”
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman