Dead cat dumped in Goodmayes
A dead cat was found by a young woman after it was dumped in a bin in Goodmayes.
Jessica Chohan, 21, discovered the ginger and white cat in Blythswood Road, Goodmayes on Monday after she heard shouting from a neighbour.
She said: “I was putting the rubbish out when I saw one of my neighbours shouting, ‘how can people be so disgusting and leave a dead cat in the street’.
“I have two cats and thought it might be one of mine so I went over to see. I burst into tears straight away, I could only see the poor little thing’s tail and ears.”
The cat, which did not appear to be wearing a collar, did not look to have any obvious physical injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Chohan added: “I don’t know how someone could do such a thing. I had to go to work straight away but when I came home it was gone.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest