Dangerous killer with Ilford links still on run
- Credit: Archant
A ‘dangerous’ murderer with links to Ilford is still on the run after escaping from a secure mental health unit in October.
Redbridge Police say they urgently need to find Lerone Boye, who is also known as Junior Mohammed Balogun, with Detective Superintendent Ellie O’Connor describing him as a “dangerous man who needs to be found and arrested as quickly as possible.”
Twenty-seven-year old Boye was jailed for 28 years for murdering 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze on August 15 in 2011.
He attacked the teenager at the Arteflex Club in Ilford High Road, Ilford with glass and broken bottles.
He was jailed for life last December but escaped from the John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London, on October 16.
You may also want to watch:
29-year-old staff member, Dean Ablakwa, who worked at the centre has been charged with helping him escape.
Mr Boye has links to the Ilford area of London, and a £15,000 reward has been issued for information leading to his arrest.
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 10 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
He has a horseshoe-shaped scar on his right cheek and a gold tooth with a diamond embedded in it.
He also has the image of a hand with the words ‘Only God Can Judge’ tattooed on his right forearm.
He is considered to be dangerous, anyone who sees him or has information on his whereabouts is asked to call 999 or call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.