Father charged with murder of two children in Newbury Park
- Credit: PA
The father of two children who died in Newbury Park has been charged with their murder.
Nadarajah Nithiyakumar, 40, of Aldborough Parade, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with the murders of 19-month-old Pavinya Nithiyakumar and her three-year-old brother Nigish Nithiyakumar.
Police were called to the address on Aldborough Parade around 5.30pm on Sunday, April 26 to reports of a man and two children having been injured.
Pavinya was pronounced dead at the scene and Nigish and his father Mr Nithiyakumar were taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Nigish subsequently died in hospital and Mr Nithiyakumar was in critical condition and police were in attendance.
He was arrested on Wednesday, April 29 at the hospital where he was receiving treatment.
He was discharged from hospital late on Thursday and was charged the following day.
- 1 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 2 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 5 Community opposition to Hainault bank closure
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 8 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 9 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
The date of his next court appearance has not been scheduled yet.