Father charged with murder of two children in Newbury Park
- Credit: PA
The father of two children who died in Newbury Park has been charged with their murder.
Nadarajah Nithiyakumar, 40, of Aldborough Parade, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with the murders of 19-month-old Pavinya Nithiyakumar and her three-year-old brother Nigish Nithiyakumar.
Police were called to the address on Aldborough Parade around 5.30pm on Sunday, April 26 to reports of a man and two children having been injured.
Pavinya was pronounced dead at the scene and Nigish and his father Mr Nithiyakumar were taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Nigish subsequently died in hospital and Mr Nithiyakumar was in critical condition and police were in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested on Wednesday, April 29 at the hospital where he was receiving treatment.
He was discharged from hospital late on Thursday and was charged the following day.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
The date of his next court appearance has not been scheduled yet.