Father charged with murder of two children in Newbury Park
- Credit: PA
The father of two children who died in Newbury Park has been charged with their murder.
Nadarajah Nithiyakumar, 40, of Aldborough Parade, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with the murders of 19-month-old Pavinya Nithiyakumar and her three-year-old brother Nigish Nithiyakumar.
Police were called to the address on Aldborough Parade around 5.30pm on Sunday, April 26 to reports of a man and two children having been injured.
Pavinya was pronounced dead at the scene and Nigish and his father Mr Nithiyakumar were taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Nigish subsequently died in hospital and Mr Nithiyakumar was in critical condition and police were in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested on Wednesday, April 29 at the hospital where he was receiving treatment.
He was discharged from hospital late on Thursday and was charged the following day.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
The date of his next court appearance has not been scheduled yet.