Crime scene established in residential Ilford street after 33-year-old man stabbed
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have established a crime scene on a residential Ilford street after a 33-year-old man was stabbed there last night.
Two neighbours have been arrested after an incident broke out in Pittman Gardens in Ilford on Tuesday evening.
Police were called to the road – just off Loxford Lane – at 9.19pm to reports of a man having been assaulted.
Officers found that a 59-year-old had suffered a head injury during an altercation.
Five minutes later police were called to another house along the street where they found a 32-year-old man with stab wounds.
He was taken to an east London hospital, where his injuries were found to be non life-threatening.
A resident, who did not wish to be named, said the 32-year-old man appeared to have been stabbed in the back.
- 1 Zara Aleena: Man charged with Ilford murder
- 2 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 3 'A joy to us all': Zara Aleena's family pay tribute after 'sickening' death
- 4 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 6 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 7 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 8 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 9 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 10 Mayor tells borough's youth: 'Be ambitious for Redbridge'
She said: “The other man looked to be in a bad way too.”
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said both men had been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
Both men are being questioned by police.