Crime scene established in residential Ilford street after 33-year-old man stabbed
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have established a crime scene on a residential Ilford street after a 33-year-old man was stabbed there last night.
Two neighbours have been arrested after an incident broke out in Pittman Gardens in Ilford on Tuesday evening.
Police were called to the road – just off Loxford Lane – at 9.19pm to reports of a man having been assaulted.
Officers found that a 59-year-old had suffered a head injury during an altercation.
Five minutes later police were called to another house along the street where they found a 32-year-old man with stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London hospital, where his injuries were found to be non life-threatening.
A resident, who did not wish to be named, said the 32-year-old man appeared to have been stabbed in the back.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 10 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
She said: “The other man looked to be in a bad way too.”
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said both men had been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
Both men are being questioned by police.