Crime scene established in residential Ilford street after 33-year-old man stabbed
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have established a crime scene on a residential Ilford street after a 33-year-old man was stabbed there last night.
Two neighbours have been arrested after an incident broke out in Pittman Gardens in Ilford on Tuesday evening.
Police were called to the road – just off Loxford Lane – at 9.19pm to reports of a man having been assaulted.
Officers found that a 59-year-old had suffered a head injury during an altercation.
Five minutes later police were called to another house along the street where they found a 32-year-old man with stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London hospital, where his injuries were found to be non life-threatening.
A resident, who did not wish to be named, said the 32-year-old man appeared to have been stabbed in the back.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 Redbridge human rights group awarded six-figure National Lottery grant
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
She said: “The other man looked to be in a bad way too.”
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said both men had been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
Both men are being questioned by police.