Crime scene established in residential Ilford street after 33-year-old man stabbed
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have established a crime scene on a residential Ilford street after a 33-year-old man was stabbed there last night.
Two neighbours have been arrested after an incident broke out in Pittman Gardens in Ilford on Tuesday evening.
Police were called to the road – just off Loxford Lane – at 9.19pm to reports of a man having been assaulted.
Officers found that a 59-year-old had suffered a head injury during an altercation.
Five minutes later police were called to another house along the street where they found a 32-year-old man with stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London hospital, where his injuries were found to be non life-threatening.
A resident, who did not wish to be named, said the 32-year-old man appeared to have been stabbed in the back.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
She said: “The other man looked to be in a bad way too.”
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said both men had been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
Both men are being questioned by police.