Two men in critical condition after being shot in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Two men are fighting for their lives after being shot in Ilford last night.
Police were called to reports of gunfire in Courtland Avenue today, Saturday, September 28, at 12.06am.
Armed police, local officers and London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found two men suffering from shot injuries.
Both men, believed to be in their twenties, were taken to a central London hospital where they remain in a critical condition.
Detectives have launched an urgent investigation and are appealing for information and for witnesses to come forward. A Met Police spokesman said: "No arrests have been made and a crime scene remains in place.
"Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 36/28Sep"
If you have information about this incident, or information about someone you suspect to be carrying a weapon. and you do not want to speak to police, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or by visiting its website. It is 100 per cent anonymous and the charity will never ask your name and cannot trace your call or IP address.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 3 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 4 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 5 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 6 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 7 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 8 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 9 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England