Two men in critical condition after being shot in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Two men are fighting for their lives after being shot in Ilford last night.
Police were called to reports of gunfire in Courtland Avenue today, Saturday, September 28, at 12.06am.
Armed police, local officers and London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found two men suffering from shot injuries.
Both men, believed to be in their twenties, were taken to a central London hospital where they remain in a critical condition.
Detectives have launched an urgent investigation and are appealing for information and for witnesses to come forward. A Met Police spokesman said: "No arrests have been made and a crime scene remains in place.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 36/28Sep"
If you have information about this incident, or information about someone you suspect to be carrying a weapon. and you do not want to speak to police, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or by visiting its website. It is 100 per cent anonymous and the charity will never ask your name and cannot trace your call or IP address.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'