Two men shot in Ilford no longer in critical condition
- Credit: Archant
Two men shot in Ilford remain in hospital in a serious condition as police continue to appeal for witnesses.
Police were called to reports of gunfire in Courtland Avenue on Saturday, September 28, at 12.06am.
Armed police, local officers and London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found two men, believed to be in their twenties, suffering from shot injuries.
Both men remain in hospital and their conditions are described as serious, but no longer critical, a spokesman for the Met Police said.
Detectives have launched an urgent investigation and are continuing to appeal for information and for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and a crime scene remains in place.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 36/28Sep.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
If you have information about this incident, or information about someone you suspect to be carrying a weapon. and you do not want to speak to police, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or by visiting its website.
It is 100 per cent anonymous and the charity will never ask your name and cannot trace your call or IP address.