Two men shot in Ilford no longer in critical condition
- Credit: Archant
Two men shot in Ilford remain in hospital in a serious condition as police continue to appeal for witnesses.
Police were called to reports of gunfire in Courtland Avenue on Saturday, September 28, at 12.06am.
Armed police, local officers and London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found two men, believed to be in their twenties, suffering from shot injuries.
Both men remain in hospital and their conditions are described as serious, but no longer critical, a spokesman for the Met Police said.
Detectives have launched an urgent investigation and are continuing to appeal for information and for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and a crime scene remains in place.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 36/28Sep.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended
If you have information about this incident, or information about someone you suspect to be carrying a weapon. and you do not want to speak to police, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or by visiting its website.
It is 100 per cent anonymous and the charity will never ask your name and cannot trace your call or IP address.