Alleged Chigwell road rage killer in court over woman’s death of coronavirus following injuries
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
An alleged road rage killer has appeared in court accused of running over a woman during a row over a minor crash.
Robert Barrow 54, of Chigwell, was charged with the murder of Tahereh Pirali-Dashti, 40, and assault of a 56-year-old man.
Mrs Pirali-Dashti was critically injured following an incident on January 20 on London’s North Circular Road, at Henlys Corner.
She and her husband had allegedly stopped to speak to Barrow after they were involved in a minor collision.
It is claimed the defendant punched the victim’s husband then ran over Mrs Pirali-Dashti with his vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to hospital and died on April 10 of a combination of Covid-19, pneumonia and cardiac arrest following multiple injuries.
On Tuesday, Barrow appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Wormwood Scrubs for a virtual hearing, attended by lawyers and press on Skype.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
Judge Mark Lucraft QC set a plea hearing for July 7 before remanding the defendant into custody.
The judge said that due to the coronavirus crisis and the suspension of trials, it was not appropriate to set a trial date until the next hearing.