Court hears New Look worker from Redbridge stole nearly £8,000 from till
- Credit: Jim Linwood/CC
A till worker, from Redbridge, swiped almost £8,000 from a store in Westfield Shepherd’s Bush over three months, a court heard.
Nazira Rahman, 20, of Eastern Avenue, Redbridge, allegedly helped herself to £7846.67 cash from the till at New Look, between March 4 and June 8.
Ms Rahman appeared at Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, and spoke only to confirm her name, age, and address.
She is charged with theft and will appear at Isleworth Crown Court on September 22.
Prosecutor Simna Khan said: “This is a theft by employee case with a breach of trust element.
You may also want to watch:
“From the 4 March up until the 8 June this year this defendant was an employee of New Look, and she was trusted to man the tills.”
Ms Rahman was released on unconditional bail ahead of a preliminary hearing later this month.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death