Court hears New Look worker from Redbridge stole nearly £8,000 from till
- Credit: Jim Linwood/CC
A till worker, from Redbridge, swiped almost £8,000 from a store in Westfield Shepherd’s Bush over three months, a court heard.
Nazira Rahman, 20, of Eastern Avenue, Redbridge, allegedly helped herself to £7846.67 cash from the till at New Look, between March 4 and June 8.
Ms Rahman appeared at Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, and spoke only to confirm her name, age, and address.
She is charged with theft and will appear at Isleworth Crown Court on September 22.
Prosecutor Simna Khan said: “This is a theft by employee case with a breach of trust element.
You may also want to watch:
“From the 4 March up until the 8 June this year this defendant was an employee of New Look, and she was trusted to man the tills.”
Ms Rahman was released on unconditional bail ahead of a preliminary hearing later this month.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 5 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 6 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 7 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 8 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge