Court hears New Look worker from Redbridge stole nearly £8,000 from till
- Credit: Jim Linwood/CC
A till worker, from Redbridge, swiped almost £8,000 from a store in Westfield Shepherd’s Bush over three months, a court heard.
Nazira Rahman, 20, of Eastern Avenue, Redbridge, allegedly helped herself to £7846.67 cash from the till at New Look, between March 4 and June 8.
Ms Rahman appeared at Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, and spoke only to confirm her name, age, and address.
She is charged with theft and will appear at Isleworth Crown Court on September 22.
Prosecutor Simna Khan said: “This is a theft by employee case with a breach of trust element.
You may also want to watch:
“From the 4 March up until the 8 June this year this defendant was an employee of New Look, and she was trusted to man the tills.”
Ms Rahman was released on unconditional bail ahead of a preliminary hearing later this month.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list