Condition of boy stabbed in Ilford improves, as police hunt attackers
A 17-year-old boy stabbed multiple times during a fight in Ilford is now in a stable condition in hospital.
The youngster was admitted to an unnamed east London hospital in a serious condition after the attack in Henley Road.
His condition has since improved, but police have not yet arrested anyone in connection with the stabbing, which happened at 8.35pm on Tuesday.
The boy was escorted to hospital by a medical team from the London air ambulance, though he travelled in a road ambulance.
Cllr Jas Athwal, whose Mayfield ward the stabbing happened in, said: “If anyone has information which can aid and assist police in any way, they should come forward. That’s the key thing.
You may also want to watch:
“When I got the email about what had happened, I drove past and the police were there in numbers which was very reassuring to see.
“These kinds of things do happen. Let’s hope it’s a one off incident.”
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer