Community ‘shock’ following double killing in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours have expressed their shock following a double killing in their street.
Comments come after a man in his 80s and a woman in her 50s were stabbed to death at a sheltered housing complex in Cecil Road, Ilford, on Saturday night.
Police officers were called to Fernways sheltered housing at 10.20pm following reports of an assault.
The man and the woman were found with stab wounds and pronounced dead at the scene around 11pm.
Ash Zaheer, of Cecil Road, said: “It’s sad that this has happened around here. It’s older people living there, they must be very shocked.”
You may also want to watch:
Lloyd Samuels said: “I saw police and ambulance but I didn’t know what was going on. It’s quite shocking that something like this could happen to people of that age.”
Rana Rahman said: “A lot of families will be concerned.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
A resident, who wished not to be named, said: “It’s Ilford, it’s not a nice place.
“It’s like your sitting in your house and people are getting murdered across the street – I was completely oblivious.
“It’s all going down here – it’s a funny old place.”
Paul Mallin, 50, of Cecil Road, has been charged and will appear at Barkingside Magistrates Court today on suspicion of murder.