Community ‘shock’ following double killing in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours have expressed their shock following a double killing in their street.
Comments come after a man in his 80s and a woman in her 50s were stabbed to death at a sheltered housing complex in Cecil Road, Ilford, on Saturday night.
Police officers were called to Fernways sheltered housing at 10.20pm following reports of an assault.
The man and the woman were found with stab wounds and pronounced dead at the scene around 11pm.
Ash Zaheer, of Cecil Road, said: “It’s sad that this has happened around here. It’s older people living there, they must be very shocked.”
You may also want to watch:
Lloyd Samuels said: “I saw police and ambulance but I didn’t know what was going on. It’s quite shocking that something like this could happen to people of that age.”
Rana Rahman said: “A lot of families will be concerned.”
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
A resident, who wished not to be named, said: “It’s Ilford, it’s not a nice place.
“It’s like your sitting in your house and people are getting murdered across the street – I was completely oblivious.
“It’s all going down here – it’s a funny old place.”
Paul Mallin, 50, of Cecil Road, has been charged and will appear at Barkingside Magistrates Court today on suspicion of murder.