Clayhall woman ‘horrified’ after flat burgled and car stolen within a week
A Clayhall woman has spoken of the “horrifying” experience of being burgled before having her car stolen a few days later.
Georgette Turner’s flat, in Repton Court, was burgled overnight on Friday 14.
She said: “I came home on Saturday morning and I was horrified.
“They’d made such a mess, they had been through all my draws and cupboards.
“I had to wash everything because they had touched them.”
You may also want to watch:
Georgette, 28, said her flat has not felt safe since the burglary.
She added: “I live here alone so it’s a bit scary.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
“I was surprised because it’s a quiet area and I haven’t had a problem at all.”
The burglars are thought to have entered by levering her door open with a crow bar.
They took handbags, clothes, designer goods and a spare set of car keys, before returning on the following Wednesday to take Georgette’s car.
She said she was still paying for the new Peugeot 207 convertible and has had to hire a car for work.
Georgette said: “They must have been watching me to know what car it was and see it was new.
“I don’t want it happening to other people in the area.”
The car registration was EY12 KGZ.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.