Clayhall woman ‘horrified’ after flat burgled and car stolen within a week
A Clayhall woman has spoken of the “horrifying” experience of being burgled before having her car stolen a few days later.
Georgette Turner’s flat, in Repton Court, was burgled overnight on Friday 14.
She said: “I came home on Saturday morning and I was horrified.
“They’d made such a mess, they had been through all my draws and cupboards.
“I had to wash everything because they had touched them.”
You may also want to watch:
Georgette, 28, said her flat has not felt safe since the burglary.
She added: “I live here alone so it’s a bit scary.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
“I was surprised because it’s a quiet area and I haven’t had a problem at all.”
The burglars are thought to have entered by levering her door open with a crow bar.
They took handbags, clothes, designer goods and a spare set of car keys, before returning on the following Wednesday to take Georgette’s car.
She said she was still paying for the new Peugeot 207 convertible and has had to hire a car for work.
Georgette said: “They must have been watching me to know what car it was and see it was new.
“I don’t want it happening to other people in the area.”
The car registration was EY12 KGZ.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.