Clayhall woman ‘horrified’ after flat burgled and car stolen within a week
A Clayhall woman has spoken of the “horrifying” experience of being burgled before having her car stolen a few days later.
Georgette Turner’s flat, in Repton Court, was burgled overnight on Friday 14.
She said: “I came home on Saturday morning and I was horrified.
“They’d made such a mess, they had been through all my draws and cupboards.
“I had to wash everything because they had touched them.”
Georgette, 28, said her flat has not felt safe since the burglary.
She added: “I live here alone so it’s a bit scary.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
“I was surprised because it’s a quiet area and I haven’t had a problem at all.”
The burglars are thought to have entered by levering her door open with a crow bar.
They took handbags, clothes, designer goods and a spare set of car keys, before returning on the following Wednesday to take Georgette’s car.
She said she was still paying for the new Peugeot 207 convertible and has had to hire a car for work.
Georgette said: “They must have been watching me to know what car it was and see it was new.
“I don’t want it happening to other people in the area.”
The car registration was EY12 KGZ.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.