Clayhall woman ‘horrified’ after flat burgled and car stolen within a week
A Clayhall woman has spoken of the “horrifying” experience of being burgled before having her car stolen a few days later.
Georgette Turner’s flat, in Repton Court, was burgled overnight on Friday 14.
She said: “I came home on Saturday morning and I was horrified.
“They’d made such a mess, they had been through all my draws and cupboards.
“I had to wash everything because they had touched them.”
You may also want to watch:
Georgette, 28, said her flat has not felt safe since the burglary.
She added: “I live here alone so it’s a bit scary.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
“I was surprised because it’s a quiet area and I haven’t had a problem at all.”
The burglars are thought to have entered by levering her door open with a crow bar.
They took handbags, clothes, designer goods and a spare set of car keys, before returning on the following Wednesday to take Georgette’s car.
She said she was still paying for the new Peugeot 207 convertible and has had to hire a car for work.
Georgette said: “They must have been watching me to know what car it was and see it was new.
“I don’t want it happening to other people in the area.”
The car registration was EY12 KGZ.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.