Clayhall woman ‘horrified’ after flat burgled and car stolen within a week
A Clayhall woman has spoken of the “horrifying” experience of being burgled before having her car stolen a few days later.
Georgette Turner’s flat, in Repton Court, was burgled overnight on Friday 14.
She said: “I came home on Saturday morning and I was horrified.
“They’d made such a mess, they had been through all my draws and cupboards.
“I had to wash everything because they had touched them.”
Georgette, 28, said her flat has not felt safe since the burglary.
She added: “I live here alone so it’s a bit scary.
- 1 'Truly inspiring' journalist returns to school to tell her story to students
- 2 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 3 Colleagues pay final farewell to 'well loved' motorbike paramedic
- 4 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 5 Redbridge Conservatives choose new leader
- 6 Chadwell Heath schoolchildren raise hundreds of pounds during awareness week
- 7 40 firefighters tackle blaze after boiler catches on fire
- 8 Mayor's special visit to successful women's walking initiative in Redbridge
- 9 Woman arrested after crashing in garden wall in Woodford Green
- 10 'Significant increase’ in clinical care incidents reported by BHRUT, says new report
“I was surprised because it’s a quiet area and I haven’t had a problem at all.”
The burglars are thought to have entered by levering her door open with a crow bar.
They took handbags, clothes, designer goods and a spare set of car keys, before returning on the following Wednesday to take Georgette’s car.
She said she was still paying for the new Peugeot 207 convertible and has had to hire a car for work.
Georgette said: “They must have been watching me to know what car it was and see it was new.
“I don’t want it happening to other people in the area.”
The car registration was EY12 KGZ.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.