Hainault stabbing: Burnt Clayhall car investigated in connection with Manford Way murder
- Credit: Archant
A burnt out car in Clayhall is being investigated in connection to a fatal stabbing in Hainault.
Police were called by the London Fire Brigade at 5.18am on Saturday, October 13, to reports of a car on fire on Park View Gardens at the end of Lord Gardens.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command confirmed they are investigating it in relation to the murder of 23-year-old Moses Mayele, on Manford Way on Friday, (October 12).
He was only a few hundred yards from his house when he was murdered around 10.20pm.
Police and the London Ambulance service attended the incident but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination will take place in due course.
Another 22-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital with critical injuries.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
Police said he is now in a “non-life threatening” condition.
Clayhall residents who heard anything around the time of the car fire on Saturday morning, or have CCTV from surrounding roads either before or after the incident should get in contact with the police.
Of particular interest is a sighting of a small Volkswagen car.
Anyone with information about the fire or the murder should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 8451/12Oct.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.