Christmas Eve drug dealer from Ilford caught with cocaine in underwear
- Credit: Google
A drug dealer caught with wraps of cocaine in his underwear on Christmas Eve has been jailed for three years.
Elsaed Driaj, 20, of Wellesley Road, Ilford, was sentenced at Southend Crown Court on to three years’ imprisonment for possession with intent to supply cocaine and possession of cannabis.
He also forfeited £640 cash under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
The court heard how on Christmas Eve last year officers were called to a car park in Union Road, Romford just before 10pm to reports of a car believed to used for drug dealing.
When the officers arrived, they could smell cannabis coming from the car in which Driaj and his passenger were sitting.
You may also want to watch:
As the 20-year-old passenger got out of the vehicle to speak to police, officers could see a bag of cannabis in the passenger door.
More cannabis was found in the driver’s door after a search.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
Both Driaj and the passenger were arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs with intent to supply and taken to an east London police station, where Driaj was found to be in possession of 38 wraps of a white powder – later confirmed as cocaine – hidden in his underwear.
Police also seized a large sum of money and several mobile phones from him.
Albanian-born Driaj was charged on May 7 with possession with intent to supply cocaine, possession of cannabis and possession of criminal property.
His 20-year-old male passenger was cautioned on May 7 for possession of cannabis.
Pc Sukh Mahil, said: “Drugs will not be tolerated here in Havering and we would ask that residents who may know about drug dealing or any drug-related anti-social behaviour issues in the borough to contact us and we will deal with it.”
Anyone with information about drug-dealing should contact their local Safer Neighbourhoods Team or call police at Romford on 101.