Chigwell teen jailed for five years for molesting six-year-old over a year
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A teenage child-molester who made a six-year-old boy “kiss his willy” and take part in other sexual acts repeatedly for almost a year was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment today.
The teen from Chigwell, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted five counts of orally raping a child, two counts of sexual assault and two counts of inciting a child to sexual activity, dating from April 1, 2015 to January 21, 2016 when the sickening acts were discovered.
At Snaresbrook Crown Court today the court heard how the sexual assaults had come to light last year when the victim’s mother discovered the pair in a state of undress in a disabled toilet.
The teen, who had been running the toilet’s taps so he wasn’t disturbed, claimed to have been playing hide and seek.
Upon getting home that night the victim revealed the teenager had made him perform a number of sexual acts.
The teenager had even made the young boy pull his jumper over his head to act as a blindfold while the sexual activities took place.
In interviews with police officers, the sex-offender admitted the ideas had come from watching lesbian pornography online and discussing it with classmates at school.
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 9 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 10 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
When he would begin the sessions of sexual activity, which happened regularly, the teen would tell the victim, “close your eyes, it’s all a dream,” before telling him he was “back in reality” when he was finished.
Passing sentence, Judge John Lafferty said: “I accept that you are totally remorseful for what you have done, but that having been said, these are very very serious offences.”
He added that an element of “pre-planning” the teenager used alongside “emotional blackmail” to make the six-year-old take part in the acts could only be classified as a form of grooming.
“I accept this may have begun as experimentation,” he told the teen. “But it went way beyond that and became sexual exploitation where you had all the status and power.”
As the sentence – which judge Lafferty said would have been 15 years for a mature adult – was passed, the defendant’s mother broke down in sobs in the public gallery.
Alongside the stint in youth prison, the offender was also given a 10-year Sexual Behaviour Order banning him from unsupervised activity with children under 13.