Chigwell teen jailed for five years for molesting six-year-old over a year
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A teenage child-molester who made a six-year-old boy “kiss his willy” and take part in other sexual acts repeatedly for almost a year was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment today.
The teen from Chigwell, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted five counts of orally raping a child, two counts of sexual assault and two counts of inciting a child to sexual activity, dating from April 1, 2015 to January 21, 2016 when the sickening acts were discovered.
At Snaresbrook Crown Court today the court heard how the sexual assaults had come to light last year when the victim’s mother discovered the pair in a state of undress in a disabled toilet.
The teen, who had been running the toilet’s taps so he wasn’t disturbed, claimed to have been playing hide and seek.
Upon getting home that night the victim revealed the teenager had made him perform a number of sexual acts.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager had even made the young boy pull his jumper over his head to act as a blindfold while the sexual activities took place.
In interviews with police officers, the sex-offender admitted the ideas had come from watching lesbian pornography online and discussing it with classmates at school.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 7 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
When he would begin the sessions of sexual activity, which happened regularly, the teen would tell the victim, “close your eyes, it’s all a dream,” before telling him he was “back in reality” when he was finished.
Passing sentence, Judge John Lafferty said: “I accept that you are totally remorseful for what you have done, but that having been said, these are very very serious offences.”
He added that an element of “pre-planning” the teenager used alongside “emotional blackmail” to make the six-year-old take part in the acts could only be classified as a form of grooming.
“I accept this may have begun as experimentation,” he told the teen. “But it went way beyond that and became sexual exploitation where you had all the status and power.”
As the sentence – which judge Lafferty said would have been 15 years for a mature adult – was passed, the defendant’s mother broke down in sobs in the public gallery.
Alongside the stint in youth prison, the offender was also given a 10-year Sexual Behaviour Order banning him from unsupervised activity with children under 13.