Chigwell businessman jailed for paying Philippines children for internet sex acts
- Credit: Archant
A paedophile company director who paid children as young as 10 in the Philippines to perform sex acts on the internet has been jailed.
Simeon Osen, 53, of Forest Lane, Chigwell, sent more than 41,000 messages to youngsters in Manila, a search of his work computer revealed.
Osen admitted 14 charges of arranging child sex offences and five of making indecent photographs of a child before he was imprisoned for five years and 11 months at Harrow Crown Court yesterday.
The Met’s child abuse squad started investigating the businessman last year after an allegation that he abused a 13-year-old girl.
Officers unearthed indecent images and movies as well as extreme pornography during a search of his personal computers.
You may also want to watch:
A computer seized from his work in Harlow showed the staggering number of messages, in which he directed the abuse of children in the Southeast Asian country.
His computer also contained photos of the young girls he chatted with while he used the pseudonym Paul Simon.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 7 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
In 2012, Osen spent nearly £6,000 in 69 payments to six people in the Philippines believed to be involved in child sex exploitation.
Det Con Rachel Snow, of the Met’s sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command, said: “On the surface Simeon Osen was a successful businessman with a family, but in reality he was a paedophile who was abusing children.
“I hope his arrest, prosecution and imprisonment today serves as a warning to other sex offenders in the UK, who think they can get away with abusing children anywhere in the world.
“This investigation is a very good example of the lengths the police and other law enforcement agencies will go to in order to find and secure the evidence to convict you.
“I also hope this case gives victims of sexual abuse, who may not have previously reported their ordeal to the police, the confidence to come forward.”
Osen was ordered to sign the sex offenders register for life and has been given a sexual offences prevention order.