Chadwell Heath teenager denies stealing car in Wanstead using lorry
A Chadwell Heath teenager has denied using a loading lorry to pluck a car from a parking space and steal it.
Kabir Kussa, 18, of Shepherds Close, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court charged with theft of motor vehicles.
He allegedly stole a black VW Golf from a road in Wanstead in April by lifting it on to a low loader lorry and driving away.
The car was retrieved by police but had its bonnet, boot, doors, wheels and engine missing.
Magistrates’ sent Kussa for trial because the cost of alleged damage done to the car was outside their sentencing powers.
He was granted unconditional bail and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 7.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 3 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 5 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 6 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 7 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences