Chadwell Heath teenager denies stealing car in Wanstead using lorry
A Chadwell Heath teenager has denied using a loading lorry to pluck a car from a parking space and steal it.
Kabir Kussa, 18, of Shepherds Close, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court charged with theft of motor vehicles.
He allegedly stole a black VW Golf from a road in Wanstead in April by lifting it on to a low loader lorry and driving away.
The car was retrieved by police but had its bonnet, boot, doors, wheels and engine missing.
Magistrates’ sent Kussa for trial because the cost of alleged damage done to the car was outside their sentencing powers.
You may also want to watch:
He was granted unconditional bail and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 7.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car