Chadwell Heath teenager denies stealing car in Wanstead using lorry
A Chadwell Heath teenager has denied using a loading lorry to pluck a car from a parking space and steal it.
Kabir Kussa, 18, of Shepherds Close, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court charged with theft of motor vehicles.
He allegedly stole a black VW Golf from a road in Wanstead in April by lifting it on to a low loader lorry and driving away.
The car was retrieved by police but had its bonnet, boot, doors, wheels and engine missing.
Magistrates’ sent Kussa for trial because the cost of alleged damage done to the car was outside their sentencing powers.
You may also want to watch:
He was granted unconditional bail and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 7.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones