Chadwell Heath sex ring trial jury retires to consider verdict
- Credit: Archant
The jury in the trial of five men from Redbridge, Barking and Newham charged with running a child prostitution ring has retired to consider its verdict.
Alleged ringleader Naeem Ahmed, 25, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, used his relationships with “vulnerable” teenage girls to lure them into prostitution, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Prosecutor Kate Bex said some of the six victims, aged between 16 and 18, were from a care home and had been “starved of affection”.
She told the court some girls were passed around the group for profit, while others were raped and assaulted at an Ilford hotel and houses in Chadwell Heath and Barking.
Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, denies three counts of rape and his brother Jameel Ahmed, 25, denies two.
You may also want to watch:
Naeem, who is not a relation, denies five counts of rape against two victims, controlling child prostitution, paying for the sexual services of a child, inciting child prostitution and causing prostitution for a gain.
Anas Iqbal, 25, of Newham Way, East Ham, denies five counts of rape, one of attempted rape and paying for the sexual services of a child.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
Hassan Raza, 23, also of Westminster Gardens, Barking, denies a single count of sexual assault.
The trial has been running since June 3 at Snaresbrook Crown Court.