Chadwell Heath murders: Family named locally
- Credit: Archant
Three people found dead in a house by police on Tuesday have been named locally.
Thirteen-year-olds Neha and Niya, both pupils at Chadwell Heath Academy, in Christie Gardens, were discovered in their house, in Juniper Court, Chadwell Heath, with Shighi Rethishkumar, 37, believed to be their mother, on Tuesday.
The father, believed to be Rethishkumar Pullarkattil, 45, who was missing from the same address, was found hanged in Woodford Reservoir, Walthamstow, at 8.17am today.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers attended the house after concerns had been raised about their well-being by neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they had attended the rented property on Monday evening but there was no response or sign of any disturbance.
The matter was referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission yesterday and the Met’s directorate of professional standards is reviewing the police response.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
A Chadwell Heath Academy spokesman said: “We are deeply saddened by this tragic event.
“Our thoughts and sympathies are with all who knew the family. “We are doing all that is necessary to support both staff and pupils.”
Zoya Habibani, a resident, said the family were “nice” and that she never had a disagreement with them.
Did you know the family? Please feel free to get in touch. Call Ajay Nair on 0208 477 3835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org