Chadwell Heath murders: Family named locally
- Credit: Archant
Three people found dead in a house by police on Tuesday have been named locally.
Thirteen-year-olds Neha and Niya, both pupils at Chadwell Heath Academy, in Christie Gardens, were discovered in their house, in Juniper Court, Chadwell Heath, with Shighi Rethishkumar, 37, believed to be their mother, on Tuesday.
The father, believed to be Rethishkumar Pullarkattil, 45, who was missing from the same address, was found hanged in Woodford Reservoir, Walthamstow, at 8.17am today.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers attended the house after concerns had been raised about their well-being by neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they had attended the rented property on Monday evening but there was no response or sign of any disturbance.
The matter was referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission yesterday and the Met’s directorate of professional standards is reviewing the police response.
- 1 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
A Chadwell Heath Academy spokesman said: “We are deeply saddened by this tragic event.
“Our thoughts and sympathies are with all who knew the family. “We are doing all that is necessary to support both staff and pupils.”
Zoya Habibani, a resident, said the family were “nice” and that she never had a disagreement with them.
Did you know the family? Please feel free to get in touch. Call Ajay Nair on 0208 477 3835 or email email@example.com