Chadwell Heath murders: Devastated cousin tells of tragic family’s ‘issues’
- Credit: Archant
The cousin of a woman who was found dead at her home along with her daughters admitted this week the family had “issues”.
However, Nithin Sasi, 33, from Thrissur in Kerala, India, who grew up with Havering Council social worker Shighi Rethiskumar, 37, said he could not have predicted his cousin’s death.
Shighi and her twin daughters Neha and Niya, 13, were found strangled at their home in Juniper Court, off Grove Road, Chadwell Heath, last week.
The twins’ dad Rethishkumar Pullarkattil, 44, was found hanged in Woodford Reservoir, Walthamstow, the next morning.
Nithin said: “There were some issues between them, but I don’t know what they were and we don’t know why the situation would become like this. All families have problems but we just can’t understand why this has happened.
You may also want to watch:
“She [Shighi] was very clever and she was a very good person. She had a lot of ambition and she was very bold. He [Rethishkumar] was a very silent person.”
Nithin said his priority was getting the bodies to India.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
“We just want to do their last rituals here, so we’re just waiting for that,” said Nithin.
He added: “Our homes are nearby so I’ve been with Shighi’s family and a lot of people are here visiting them.
“As you can imagine her parents are not in a good way at the moment – it’s very heart breaking news and the situation is very bad here at the moment.”
Police have launched a murder investigation into the deaths and confirmed that they were not looking for anyone else.
Nithin said: “You can’t understand what we’re going through right now – she’s my dearest cousin, she’s not only like a sister to me, she’s more than that.”
Did you know the family? Send your tributes to email@example.com