Chadwell Heath mum denies eight-year-old daughter’s murder
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A Chadwell Heath mother denied murdering her eight-year-old daughter when she appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Polly Chowdhury, 34, is said to have killed Ayesha Ali, who died from head injuries, at their home in Bedwell Court, Broomfield Road on 29 August last year.
Chowdhury pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
Her close friend Kiki Muddar, 41, also faces the same charges but did not enter a plea.
Both women will return to court on 6 June for a case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Chowdhury and Muddar, of Green Lane, Ilford, were both remanded in custody.
The trial is due to start on July 21 and is now expected to last between six and seven weeks.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 5 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them