Chadwell Heath mum denies eight-year-old daughter’s murder
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A Chadwell Heath mother denied murdering her eight-year-old daughter when she appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Polly Chowdhury, 34, is said to have killed Ayesha Ali, who died from head injuries, at their home in Bedwell Court, Broomfield Road on 29 August last year.
Chowdhury pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
Her close friend Kiki Muddar, 41, also faces the same charges but did not enter a plea.
Both women will return to court on 6 June for a case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Chowdhury and Muddar, of Green Lane, Ilford, were both remanded in custody.
The trial is due to start on July 21 and is now expected to last between six and seven weeks.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim