Chadwell Heath mum denies eight-year-old daughter’s murder
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A Chadwell Heath mother denied murdering her eight-year-old daughter when she appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Polly Chowdhury, 34, is said to have killed Ayesha Ali, who died from head injuries, at their home in Bedwell Court, Broomfield Road on 29 August last year.
Chowdhury pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
Her close friend Kiki Muddar, 41, also faces the same charges but did not enter a plea.
Both women will return to court on 6 June for a case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Chowdhury and Muddar, of Green Lane, Ilford, were both remanded in custody.
The trial is due to start on July 21 and is now expected to last between six and seven weeks.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge