Chadwell Heath mum denies eight-year-old daughter’s murder
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A Chadwell Heath mother denied murdering her eight-year-old daughter when she appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Polly Chowdhury, 34, is said to have killed Ayesha Ali, who died from head injuries, at their home in Bedwell Court, Broomfield Road on 29 August last year.
Chowdhury pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
Her close friend Kiki Muddar, 41, also faces the same charges but did not enter a plea.
Both women will return to court on 6 June for a case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Chowdhury and Muddar, of Green Lane, Ilford, were both remanded in custody.
The trial is due to start on July 21 and is now expected to last between six and seven weeks.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients