Chadwell Heath mother charged with killing daughter appears before court
A Chadwell Heath mother charged with killing her eight-year-old daughter appeared today in court.
Mother Polly Chowdhury, 34, and friend Kiki Muddar, 41, were charged on August 29 last year with the murder of Ayesha Ali who was found with a head injury in her home in Bedwell Court, Chadwell Heath.
Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene.
They were due to enter pleas but this has been rescheduled as psychiatric assessments of the pair are yet to be completed.
Their plea hearing has been rearranged for February 21 at the Old Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
Muddar, of Green Lane, Ilford, and Chowdhury, of Broomfield Road, have been charged with murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines