Chadwell Heath mother charged with killing daughter appears before court
A Chadwell Heath mother charged with killing her eight-year-old daughter appeared today in court.
Mother Polly Chowdhury, 34, and friend Kiki Muddar, 41, were charged on August 29 last year with the murder of Ayesha Ali who was found with a head injury in her home in Bedwell Court, Chadwell Heath.
Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene.
They were due to enter pleas but this has been rescheduled as psychiatric assessments of the pair are yet to be completed.
Their plea hearing has been rearranged for February 21 at the Old Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
Muddar, of Green Lane, Ilford, and Chowdhury, of Broomfield Road, have been charged with murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations