Chadwell Heath mother charged with killing daughter appears before court
A Chadwell Heath mother charged with killing her eight-year-old daughter appeared today in court.
Mother Polly Chowdhury, 34, and friend Kiki Muddar, 41, were charged on August 29 last year with the murder of Ayesha Ali who was found with a head injury in her home in Bedwell Court, Chadwell Heath.
Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene.
They were due to enter pleas but this has been rescheduled as psychiatric assessments of the pair are yet to be completed.
Their plea hearing has been rearranged for February 21 at the Old Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
Muddar, of Green Lane, Ilford, and Chowdhury, of Broomfield Road, have been charged with murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears