Chadwell Heath man jailed for ‘cruel’ and ‘despicable’ rape of teenage girl
- Credit: Archant
A Chadwell Heath father has been sentenced to eight years in prison for raping a teenage girl in a “cruel” attack after pretending to help her.
Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court this afternoon alongside Naeem Ahmed, 25, who was imprisoned for 14 years for raping the girl three times.
Hassan Raza, 23, was sentenced to two years for sexually assaulting their victim the next day.
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men, who are not related, that they treated the 18-year-old girl in a “despicable and cruel manner” during the attack in Chadwell Heath last year.
He added: “Whatever sentence I pass down to you, you have by reason of your actions thrust on upon this girl a life sentence of fear and regret.
“She will never forget this ordeal.”
The girl told the jury that she thought Nabeel was helping her when he offered her a lift after seeing her fighting with a friend.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 2 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 3 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 4 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 7 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 8 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
But instead of taking her to a train station, he drove her to a house where they met Naeem, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, and Raza, also of Westminster Gardens.
In recorded video evidence played in court, she told how Naeem, 25, and Nabeel came into the bedroom they had given her for the night and got into her bed.
When she tried to get up and cried, they pulled her back down and told her to shut up, she said.
She was then allegedly raped by Naeem, then Nabeel, then Naeem again.
Shaking, she said: “I had been crying, I felt violated, I felt like absolute s**t.
“I felt dirty and disgusting, I just wanted to go home and have a wash.
“I just wanted to get away from everybody but I felt like I couldn’t do anything about the matter and I was panicking and waiting for it to be over.”
In the morning, Raza appeared to offer sympathy to the girl before trying to molest her.
In an impact statement, she said the ordeal of giving evidence in court had made her “re-live” the nightmare and that she had been depressed and even suicidal since the attack.
Justice Zeidman commended her bravery. “I hope her life improves,” he added.
As the sentences were read, Naeem shook his head and gripped the dock as Nabeel hung his head. Raza was impassive.
Nabeel’s wife, who had written to the judge to say how their son “asks for his daddy every day” broke down in tears. Naeem’s first child was born in August.
The men were aquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.