Chadwell Heath man facing years in prison for raping teenage girl
A Chadwell Heath man is facing years in prison after being found guilty of raping an 18-year-old girl he picked up off the street.
Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, was tried at Snaresbrook Crown Court earlier this year and aquitted of charges relating to another girl.
He will be sentenced on Wednesday along with two other men for attacking the girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, who is not a relation, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, raped the victim twice, taking turns with Nabeel.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, will be sentenced for sexual assault.
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
- 1 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 10 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter
The men were aquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.