Chadwell Heath man facing years in prison for raping teenage girl
A Chadwell Heath man is facing years in prison after being found guilty of raping an 18-year-old girl he picked up off the street.
Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, was tried at Snaresbrook Crown Court earlier this year and aquitted of charges relating to another girl.
He will be sentenced on Wednesday along with two other men for attacking the girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, who is not a relation, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, raped the victim twice, taking turns with Nabeel.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, will be sentenced for sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 10 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
The men were aquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.