Chadwell Heath man facing years in prison for raping teenage girl
A Chadwell Heath man is facing years in prison after being found guilty of raping an 18-year-old girl he picked up off the street.
Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, was tried at Snaresbrook Crown Court earlier this year and aquitted of charges relating to another girl.
He will be sentenced on Wednesday along with two other men for attacking the girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, who is not a relation, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, raped the victim twice, taking turns with Nabeel.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, will be sentenced for sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
The men were aquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.