Chadwell Heath man facing years in prison for raping teenage girl
A Chadwell Heath man is facing years in prison after being found guilty of raping an 18-year-old girl he picked up off the street.
Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, was tried at Snaresbrook Crown Court earlier this year and aquitted of charges relating to another girl.
He will be sentenced on Wednesday along with two other men for attacking the girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, who is not a relation, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, raped the victim twice, taking turns with Nabeel.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, will be sentenced for sexual assault.
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 3 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 4 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 5 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 7 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 10 Trust cuts waiting list backlog created by computer error
The men were aquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.