Chadwell Heath man facing years in prison for raping teenage girl
A Chadwell Heath man is facing years in prison after being found guilty of raping an 18-year-old girl he picked up off the street.
Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, was tried at Snaresbrook Crown Court earlier this year and aquitted of charges relating to another girl.
He will be sentenced on Wednesday along with two other men for attacking the girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, who is not a relation, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, raped the victim twice, taking turns with Nabeel.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, will be sentenced for sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
The men were aquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.