CCTV appeal after 16-year-old stabbed in broad daylight drive-by attack in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help to identify a group of men involved in a “brazen” drive-by stabbing in Ilford in broad daylight.
Officers have released CCTV stills of two of the four men believed to have carried out the attack on which took place on Thursday, October 1.
A 16-year old boy was attacked by four men who jumped out of a blue VW Passat car in Richmond Road at 2.45pm.
One of the suspects was armed with a knife and stabbed him the victim in the arm.
They then fled the scene in the car.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and the teenager was taken to hospital for treatment before being discharged.
Det Con Charlotte Joseph from the East Area Command Unit said: “This was a brazen attack carried out in broad daylight in the middle of a busy street.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
“Those involved are clearly dangerous individuals who need to be apprehended.
“I would ask anyone who recognises the two males in the images, or who has information that could identify the others involved to contact police immediately.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD3895/1Oct. Alternatively, you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.