CCTV appeal after 16-year-old stabbed in broad daylight drive-by attack in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help to identify a group of men involved in a “brazen” drive-by stabbing in Ilford in broad daylight.
Officers have released CCTV stills of two of the four men believed to have carried out the attack on which took place on Thursday, October 1.
A 16-year old boy was attacked by four men who jumped out of a blue VW Passat car in Richmond Road at 2.45pm.
One of the suspects was armed with a knife and stabbed him the victim in the arm.
They then fled the scene in the car.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and the teenager was taken to hospital for treatment before being discharged.
Det Con Charlotte Joseph from the East Area Command Unit said: “This was a brazen attack carried out in broad daylight in the middle of a busy street.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 6 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 7 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
“Those involved are clearly dangerous individuals who need to be apprehended.
“I would ask anyone who recognises the two males in the images, or who has information that could identify the others involved to contact police immediately.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD3895/1Oct. Alternatively, you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.