Car stolen by crutch-wielding thief after Harlow test drive recovered in Chadwell Heath
A car that was stolen after a test drive in Harlow has been found in Chadwell Heath.
The black BMW M3 was recovered by police in Grove Road on Wednesday after being taken by a man posing as an interested buyer.
The man visited Lakeside Cars, in Barrows Road, around 5.15pm on Monday and enquired about the car.
After being shown the vehicle, he asked to take it for a test drive and was accompanied by a member of staff.
When they returned to the garage, the man reversed the car onto the forecourt but as the staff member went to get out the car, the thief used a crutch to push him out the passenger side before starting the engine and driving off.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police are investigating the theft. No arrests have been made.
Call Harlow CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 with information.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home