Car stolen by crutch-wielding thief after Harlow test drive recovered in Chadwell Heath
A car that was stolen after a test drive in Harlow has been found in Chadwell Heath.
The black BMW M3 was recovered by police in Grove Road on Wednesday after being taken by a man posing as an interested buyer.
The man visited Lakeside Cars, in Barrows Road, around 5.15pm on Monday and enquired about the car.
After being shown the vehicle, he asked to take it for a test drive and was accompanied by a member of staff.
When they returned to the garage, the man reversed the car onto the forecourt but as the staff member went to get out the car, the thief used a crutch to push him out the passenger side before starting the engine and driving off.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police are investigating the theft. No arrests have been made.
Call Harlow CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 with information.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council