Cannabis found in Redbridge man’s underwear
A Redbridge man who was caught with cannabis in his underpants has been fined �100.
Rashedur Rahman, 19, of Somersby Gardens, was caught by police with the drugs, worth �10, on January 24.
He pleaded guilty to the offence when he appeared in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
Elizabeth Ajayi, prosecuting solicitor, said police could smell a “strong smell of cannabis” from him so stopped him.
After searching Rahman police found a sealed bag of cannabis in his underwear.
You may also want to watch:
Ria Kudrati, his solicitor, said: “It was his birthday the day before and he had the cannabis to celebrate. It was a small amount for his own use.”
He was fined �100, told to pay �85 court costs, and a �15 surcharge. The magistrates ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle