Cannabis found in Redbridge man’s underwear
A Redbridge man who was caught with cannabis in his underpants has been fined �100.
Rashedur Rahman, 19, of Somersby Gardens, was caught by police with the drugs, worth �10, on January 24.
He pleaded guilty to the offence when he appeared in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
Elizabeth Ajayi, prosecuting solicitor, said police could smell a “strong smell of cannabis” from him so stopped him.
After searching Rahman police found a sealed bag of cannabis in his underwear.
You may also want to watch:
Ria Kudrati, his solicitor, said: “It was his birthday the day before and he had the cannabis to celebrate. It was a small amount for his own use.”
He was fined �100, told to pay �85 court costs, and a �15 surcharge. The magistrates ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week