Cannabis found in Redbridge man’s underwear
A Redbridge man who was caught with cannabis in his underpants has been fined �100.
Rashedur Rahman, 19, of Somersby Gardens, was caught by police with the drugs, worth �10, on January 24.
He pleaded guilty to the offence when he appeared in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
Elizabeth Ajayi, prosecuting solicitor, said police could smell a “strong smell of cannabis” from him so stopped him.
After searching Rahman police found a sealed bag of cannabis in his underwear.
You may also want to watch:
Ria Kudrati, his solicitor, said: “It was his birthday the day before and he had the cannabis to celebrate. It was a small amount for his own use.”
He was fined �100, told to pay �85 court costs, and a �15 surcharge. The magistrates ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 3 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 10 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions