Cannabis farm bust in Chadwell Heath leads to three arrests
- Credit: Google Maps
Police busted a cannabis farm and recovered "a number of" plants in a boarded up house in Chadwell Heath.
Theree men were arrested on suspicion of the production of drugs and attempted burglary.
Officers were called to reports of loud noises and a possible burglary at a home in Blackbush Avenue at around 3am on Thursday.
When they attended, a number of suspects tried to run away before three men were arrested and taken to an east London police station.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: "A crime scene was secured at the property and, later on that day, a number of cannabis plants and drug appliances were removed from the house which was boarded up.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 3 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 4 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 5 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 8 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'