Cannabis cultivator caught after neighbour’s house blaze in Woodford Green
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A man has been arrested and cautioned after being caught producing cannabis plants by police officers who had been supporting fire crews at a nearby house fire on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old man was arrested after Essex Police were making checks on nearby properties and came across the cannabis plants in a property on Brunel Road, Woodford Green.
The man admitted the offence of producing cannabis and was given a caution. He was released the following morning on May 28.
Firefighters had been tackling a blaze at a neighbour’s property, with the neighbour having to be treated for smoke inhalation in a separate incident.
A statement by Essex Police said: “Police were called to assist firefighters following reports of a fire in a property at Brunel Road - this was at about 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
During checks on nearby properties, four cannabis plants were found.”
The man had been arrested in “suspicion of producing a controlled drug.”
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 10 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park