Cannabis cultivator caught after neighbour’s house blaze in Woodford Green
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A man has been arrested and cautioned after being caught producing cannabis plants by police officers who had been supporting fire crews at a nearby house fire on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old man was arrested after Essex Police were making checks on nearby properties and came across the cannabis plants in a property on Brunel Road, Woodford Green.
The man admitted the offence of producing cannabis and was given a caution. He was released the following morning on May 28.
Firefighters had been tackling a blaze at a neighbour’s property, with the neighbour having to be treated for smoke inhalation in a separate incident.
A statement by Essex Police said: “Police were called to assist firefighters following reports of a fire in a property at Brunel Road - this was at about 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
During checks on nearby properties, four cannabis plants were found.”
The man had been arrested in “suspicion of producing a controlled drug.”
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London