Cannabis cultivator caught after neighbour’s house blaze in Woodford Green
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A man has been arrested and cautioned after being caught producing cannabis plants by police officers who had been supporting fire crews at a nearby house fire on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old man was arrested after Essex Police were making checks on nearby properties and came across the cannabis plants in a property on Brunel Road, Woodford Green.
The man admitted the offence of producing cannabis and was given a caution. He was released the following morning on May 28.
Firefighters had been tackling a blaze at a neighbour’s property, with the neighbour having to be treated for smoke inhalation in a separate incident.
A statement by Essex Police said: “Police were called to assist firefighters following reports of a fire in a property at Brunel Road - this was at about 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
During checks on nearby properties, four cannabis plants were found.”
The man had been arrested in “suspicion of producing a controlled drug.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix