Cannabis cultivator caught after neighbour’s house blaze in Woodford Green
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A man has been arrested and cautioned after being caught producing cannabis plants by police officers who had been supporting fire crews at a nearby house fire on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old man was arrested after Essex Police were making checks on nearby properties and came across the cannabis plants in a property on Brunel Road, Woodford Green.
The man admitted the offence of producing cannabis and was given a caution. He was released the following morning on May 28.
Firefighters had been tackling a blaze at a neighbour’s property, with the neighbour having to be treated for smoke inhalation in a separate incident.
A statement by Essex Police said: “Police were called to assist firefighters following reports of a fire in a property at Brunel Road - this was at about 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
During checks on nearby properties, four cannabis plants were found.”
The man had been arrested in “suspicion of producing a controlled drug.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas