Burglars subject people inside Chigwell home to threats of violence
Three burglars forced their way into a Chigwell home and threatened the people inside with violence on Saturday morning.
Detectives are appealing for information after the break-in in Lyndhurst Rise at about 2.30am.
The three men, described as being in their 20s, forced their way into the home before threatening two men and one woman.
They are believed to have been in the property for up to 30 minutes and left after taking a mobile phone.
An Essex Police spokesman said: ““At this stage, it’s unclear what the motive behind this break-in was, whether the men knew their victims or what weapons they were in possession of. We’re still interviewing the victims to see if there is any connection. In the meantime though, we’re in need of witnesses who saw the initial break-in and then the three men leaving the property.”
You may also want to watch:
The men were of slim build, wearing dark boiler suits and olive-green knee-length jackets.
Anyone with information should contact detectives at Harlow police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home