Burglars subject people inside Chigwell home to threats of violence
Three burglars forced their way into a Chigwell home and threatened the people inside with violence on Saturday morning.
Detectives are appealing for information after the break-in in Lyndhurst Rise at about 2.30am.
The three men, described as being in their 20s, forced their way into the home before threatening two men and one woman.
They are believed to have been in the property for up to 30 minutes and left after taking a mobile phone.
An Essex Police spokesman said: ““At this stage, it’s unclear what the motive behind this break-in was, whether the men knew their victims or what weapons they were in possession of. We’re still interviewing the victims to see if there is any connection. In the meantime though, we’re in need of witnesses who saw the initial break-in and then the three men leaving the property.”
You may also want to watch:
The men were of slim build, wearing dark boiler suits and olive-green knee-length jackets.
Anyone with information should contact detectives at Harlow police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim