Burglars subject people inside Chigwell home to threats of violence
Three burglars forced their way into a Chigwell home and threatened the people inside with violence on Saturday morning.
Detectives are appealing for information after the break-in in Lyndhurst Rise at about 2.30am.
The three men, described as being in their 20s, forced their way into the home before threatening two men and one woman.
They are believed to have been in the property for up to 30 minutes and left after taking a mobile phone.
An Essex Police spokesman said: ““At this stage, it’s unclear what the motive behind this break-in was, whether the men knew their victims or what weapons they were in possession of. We’re still interviewing the victims to see if there is any connection. In the meantime though, we’re in need of witnesses who saw the initial break-in and then the three men leaving the property.”
You may also want to watch:
The men were of slim build, wearing dark boiler suits and olive-green knee-length jackets.
Anyone with information should contact detectives at Harlow police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic