Burglars strike family home after dark in Barkingside and take Rolex and gold
- Credit: Archant
A family has been left “shaken” after their home was ransacked as darkness fell in their street.
Burglars took about £12,000 worth of gold and jewellery, including a Rolex watch, at a house in Sunnymede Drive, Barkingside, after the family went out on Wednesday, December 9, at about 4.45pm.
Police were alerted at 6.59pm after the homeowners returned when they were notified by their alarm system to see the house turned over.
The 47-year-old father of family, who asked not to be named, said it was a “very traumatic” experience.
“You feel as if you have been invaded,” he said. “Luckily no one was in the house, but it really does shake you up.
You may also want to watch:
“It could have been worse but they didn’t have enough time to take more stuff.”
The homeowner said he caught the culprits on his CCTV cameras after he left the property.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
He said that a woman had been staking out the property before making a phone call. Two men arrived within five minutes and broke in through a window to the rear of the house.
Police, who are reviewing the footage, say no arrests have been made and that inquiries are ongoing.
If you have any information call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.