Burglars strike family home after dark in Barkingside and take Rolex and gold
- Credit: Archant
A family has been left “shaken” after their home was ransacked as darkness fell in their street.
Burglars took about £12,000 worth of gold and jewellery, including a Rolex watch, at a house in Sunnymede Drive, Barkingside, after the family went out on Wednesday, December 9, at about 4.45pm.
Police were alerted at 6.59pm after the homeowners returned when they were notified by their alarm system to see the house turned over.
The 47-year-old father of family, who asked not to be named, said it was a “very traumatic” experience.
“You feel as if you have been invaded,” he said. “Luckily no one was in the house, but it really does shake you up.
“It could have been worse but they didn’t have enough time to take more stuff.”
The homeowner said he caught the culprits on his CCTV cameras after he left the property.
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
He said that a woman had been staking out the property before making a phone call. Two men arrived within five minutes and broke in through a window to the rear of the house.
Police, who are reviewing the footage, say no arrests have been made and that inquiries are ongoing.
If you have any information call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.