Burglars jailed after being caught in the act in Wanstead
Two burglars who were caught attempting to steal from a Wanstead flat have been jailed.
Andrei Marcu, 28, and Laurentiu Vasile, 24, both of no fixed address, were sentenced to 28 days in prison at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court last month.
They had been in the UK for only a week.
Redbridge police were called to the burglary as it was happening at Aldham Hall, New Wanstead, around 3pm on September 21.
Marcu and Vasile had gone to the rear of the property and used a screwdriver to break a window.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrived in minutes and arrested Marcu at the rear of the property and caught Vasile as he climbed out to escape.
DS Matt Day said: “This is a fantastic piece of police work by two dedicated officers from the Redbridge Borough Burglary Squad.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
“They have used their policing knowledge to catch two previously unknown burglars in the act of committing a residential burglary.”