Burglars jailed after being caught in the act in Wanstead
Two burglars who were caught attempting to steal from a Wanstead flat have been jailed.
Andrei Marcu, 28, and Laurentiu Vasile, 24, both of no fixed address, were sentenced to 28 days in prison at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court last month.
They had been in the UK for only a week.
Redbridge police were called to the burglary as it was happening at Aldham Hall, New Wanstead, around 3pm on September 21.
Marcu and Vasile had gone to the rear of the property and used a screwdriver to break a window.
Police arrived in minutes and arrested Marcu at the rear of the property and caught Vasile as he climbed out to escape.
DS Matt Day said: “This is a fantastic piece of police work by two dedicated officers from the Redbridge Borough Burglary Squad.
- 1 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 4 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 5 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 9 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 10 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
“They have used their policing knowledge to catch two previously unknown burglars in the act of committing a residential burglary.”