Burglars jailed after being caught in the act in Wanstead
Two burglars who were caught attempting to steal from a Wanstead flat have been jailed.
Andrei Marcu, 28, and Laurentiu Vasile, 24, both of no fixed address, were sentenced to 28 days in prison at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court last month.
They had been in the UK for only a week.
Redbridge police were called to the burglary as it was happening at Aldham Hall, New Wanstead, around 3pm on September 21.
Marcu and Vasile had gone to the rear of the property and used a screwdriver to break a window.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrived in minutes and arrested Marcu at the rear of the property and caught Vasile as he climbed out to escape.
DS Matt Day said: “This is a fantastic piece of police work by two dedicated officers from the Redbridge Borough Burglary Squad.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
“They have used their policing knowledge to catch two previously unknown burglars in the act of committing a residential burglary.”