Ilford murder: Police name dead pair after Valentines Road stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Scotland Yard has named the woman stabbed to death in Valentines Road on Friday as 23-year-old Magdalena Anna Welna, from Ilford.
A man who died after collapsing one street away 90 minutes later has also been identified - as Victor Banjo Ogundunmade, 27, from Newham.
Next of kin have been informed, police said.
Polish national Ms Welna was stabbed repeatedly and found in Valentines Road shortly after 5.30pm. She was pronounced dead not long after.
At about 7pm, police were called to Auckland Road, where they found Mr Ogundunmade collapsed in the street. He was pronounced dead en route to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said the pair were not related but knew each other, and police are treating Ms Welna’s death as murder.
A spokesman added: “At this early stage, there is no evidence to suggest that the death of the man is suspicious.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances but officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.”
Contact the incident room on 020 345 1570 with any information.
• Did you know Magdalena Anna Welna or Victor Banjo Ogundunmade. Call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com with any tributes.