Boy taken to hospital after being stabbed in Ilford
A boy reported to be 16 years old has been taken to hospital after being stabbed this afternoon.
Paramedics were called to Green Lane, Ilford, at 3.10pm where they treated a boy for injuries to his leg and hands.
He was taken to hospital as a priority and was conscious and breathing at the time, according to the London Ambulance Service.
He had gone to the T&K barber shop in Connaught Road at about 2.45pm to get his hair cut.
It is believed he was called outside and then stabbed.
He then returned to the shop.
The shop’s owner, Naveed Ahmed, 34, said: “He came in the shop, he was bleeding and he asked for help.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 9 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 10 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
“All the floor is covered in blood.
“He tried to sit on the chair and there was blood everywhere.
“I put pressure on his leg and a tourniquet.”
Part of Connaught Road has been cordoned off. There are two police cars, a police van and a dog unit on the scene.
Forensics officers are examining the area.
Did you witness what happened. Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.