Boy taken to hospital after being stabbed in Ilford
A boy reported to be 16 years old has been taken to hospital after being stabbed this afternoon.
Paramedics were called to Green Lane, Ilford, at 3.10pm where they treated a boy for injuries to his leg and hands.
He was taken to hospital as a priority and was conscious and breathing at the time, according to the London Ambulance Service.
He had gone to the T&K barber shop in Connaught Road at about 2.45pm to get his hair cut.
It is believed he was called outside and then stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
He then returned to the shop.
The shop’s owner, Naveed Ahmed, 34, said: “He came in the shop, he was bleeding and he asked for help.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
“All the floor is covered in blood.
“He tried to sit on the chair and there was blood everywhere.
“I put pressure on his leg and a tourniquet.”
Part of Connaught Road has been cordoned off. There are two police cars, a police van and a dog unit on the scene.
Forensics officers are examining the area.
Did you witness what happened. Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.