Boy taken to hospital after being stabbed in Ilford
A boy reported to be 16 years old has been taken to hospital after being stabbed this afternoon.
Paramedics were called to Green Lane, Ilford, at 3.10pm where they treated a boy for injuries to his leg and hands.
He was taken to hospital as a priority and was conscious and breathing at the time, according to the London Ambulance Service.
He had gone to the T&K barber shop in Connaught Road at about 2.45pm to get his hair cut.
It is believed he was called outside and then stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
He then returned to the shop.
The shop’s owner, Naveed Ahmed, 34, said: “He came in the shop, he was bleeding and he asked for help.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
“All the floor is covered in blood.
“He tried to sit on the chair and there was blood everywhere.
“I put pressure on his leg and a tourniquet.”
Part of Connaught Road has been cordoned off. There are two police cars, a police van and a dog unit on the scene.
Forensics officers are examining the area.
Did you witness what happened. Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800 or email email@example.com.