Boy taken to hospital after being stabbed in Ilford
A boy reported to be 16 years old has been taken to hospital after being stabbed this afternoon.
Paramedics were called to Green Lane, Ilford, at 3.10pm where they treated a boy for injuries to his leg and hands.
He was taken to hospital as a priority and was conscious and breathing at the time, according to the London Ambulance Service.
He had gone to the T&K barber shop in Connaught Road at about 2.45pm to get his hair cut.
It is believed he was called outside and then stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
He then returned to the shop.
The shop’s owner, Naveed Ahmed, 34, said: “He came in the shop, he was bleeding and he asked for help.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
“All the floor is covered in blood.
“He tried to sit on the chair and there was blood everywhere.
“I put pressure on his leg and a tourniquet.”
Part of Connaught Road has been cordoned off. There are two police cars, a police van and a dog unit on the scene.
Forensics officers are examining the area.
Did you witness what happened. Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.