Boy taken to hospital after being stabbed in Ilford
A boy reported to be 16 years old has been taken to hospital after being stabbed this afternoon.
Paramedics were called to Green Lane, Ilford, at 3.10pm where they treated a boy for injuries to his leg and hands.
He was taken to hospital as a priority and was conscious and breathing at the time, according to the London Ambulance Service.
He had gone to the T&K barber shop in Connaught Road at about 2.45pm to get his hair cut.
It is believed he was called outside and then stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
He then returned to the shop.
The shop’s owner, Naveed Ahmed, 34, said: “He came in the shop, he was bleeding and he asked for help.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
“All the floor is covered in blood.
“He tried to sit on the chair and there was blood everywhere.
“I put pressure on his leg and a tourniquet.”
Part of Connaught Road has been cordoned off. There are two police cars, a police van and a dog unit on the scene.
Forensics officers are examining the area.
Did you witness what happened. Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.