Boxing Day sales: shops prepare for bargain-hunters
- Credit: Archant
Bargain hunters are expected to turn out in force at Redbridge’s shopping centres this morning.
Rai Holdstock, who runs Bodgers department store in Ilford High Road, said there was a “feel good factor” among traders and shoppers in the town.
“We are gearing ourselves up to be really busy,” said Mr Holdstock, who is also chairman of the Ilford Business Improvmeent District (BID).
“More people feel more confident.
“We certainly had a step up in sales for Black Friday, but Boxing Day is still the big one for us.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the store had seen strong sales in the lead up to Christmas.
“Trade has been good – there’s more money in people’s pockets this year.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
“It’s the small things like fuel prices being so low. It makes a difference.”
Are you heading down to the sales? Send your pics of the queues to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @ilfordrecorder.