Boxing Day sales: shops prepare for bargain-hunters
- Credit: Archant
Bargain hunters are expected to turn out in force at Redbridge’s shopping centres this morning.
Rai Holdstock, who runs Bodgers department store in Ilford High Road, said there was a “feel good factor” among traders and shoppers in the town.
“We are gearing ourselves up to be really busy,” said Mr Holdstock, who is also chairman of the Ilford Business Improvmeent District (BID).
“More people feel more confident.
“We certainly had a step up in sales for Black Friday, but Boxing Day is still the big one for us.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the store had seen strong sales in the lead up to Christmas.
“Trade has been good – there’s more money in people’s pockets this year.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
“It’s the small things like fuel prices being so low. It makes a difference.”
Are you heading down to the sales? Send your pics of the queues to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @ilfordrecorder.