Boxing Day sales: shops prepare for bargain-hunters
- Credit: Archant
Bargain hunters are expected to turn out in force at Redbridge’s shopping centres this morning.
Rai Holdstock, who runs Bodgers department store in Ilford High Road, said there was a “feel good factor” among traders and shoppers in the town.
“We are gearing ourselves up to be really busy,” said Mr Holdstock, who is also chairman of the Ilford Business Improvmeent District (BID).
“More people feel more confident.
“We certainly had a step up in sales for Black Friday, but Boxing Day is still the big one for us.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the store had seen strong sales in the lead up to Christmas.
“Trade has been good – there’s more money in people’s pockets this year.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 9 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
“It’s the small things like fuel prices being so low. It makes a difference.”
Are you heading down to the sales? Send your pics of the queues to email@example.com or tweet @ilfordrecorder.