BMW ‘almost flipped over’ during high speed police chase in Gants Hill
- Credit: Ellena Cruse
A car almost flipped over during a dramatic high speed police chase through the back streets of Gants Hill yesterday.
An witness told the Recorder that he saw a BMW being pursued by police officers down Cranbook Road at around 4.30pm.
The driver was forced to screech to a halt when a civilian car pulled out in Parham Drive, in front of the BMW.
“A white BMW was driving in an erratic manner and even tried to mount the curb,” said the onlooker, who wished to remain anonymous.
“At one point I thought the car would flip over – the police were tailing it all the way.
You may also want to watch:
“Another car pulled out in front of the BMW and impeded it,” he added.
It has not been confirmed whether this blocking manoeuvre was intentional or accidental due to the high speeds at which the BMW was travelling at.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
The bystander said four men jumped out of the car and the police swooped down to arrest them.
A section of the pavement was roped off, while officers guarded the scene.
The Met have been contacted for comment.