Barkingside racing driver Scott Malvern joins appeal for burglary witnesses
A racing driver from Barkingside has joined the appeal for witnesses to a daylight burglary last week.
Racing champion Scott Malvern tweeted to more than 600 followers asking anyone with information to contact the police.
He said a friend, who was a victim of the burglary, asked him to help after the incident last Wednesday (8).
Police said burglars entered the house in Oakleafe Gardens through a rear window and stole two laptops, �300 in cash and €599, a gold ring and three UK passports.
The burglary happened in broad daylight between 8.30am and 12.30pm.
Mr Malvern said: “With amount of stuff they took I’d be surprised if no one saw anything.
“I think a vehicle must’ve been involved to take it away. I know they took a large suitcase.”
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
He said that when his own house was burgled six months ago, the thieves walked in through the front door while he was in the house.
Mr Malvern is a British Formula Ford champion and Eurocup champion.
Ilford CID are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information concerning the items stolen to contact Ilford burglary squad on 0208 345 2680.