Barkingside racing driver Scott Malvern joins appeal for burglary witnesses
A racing driver from Barkingside has joined the appeal for witnesses to a daylight burglary last week.
Racing champion Scott Malvern tweeted to more than 600 followers asking anyone with information to contact the police.
He said a friend, who was a victim of the burglary, asked him to help after the incident last Wednesday (8).
Police said burglars entered the house in Oakleafe Gardens through a rear window and stole two laptops, �300 in cash and €599, a gold ring and three UK passports.
The burglary happened in broad daylight between 8.30am and 12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Malvern said: “With amount of stuff they took I’d be surprised if no one saw anything.
“I think a vehicle must’ve been involved to take it away. I know they took a large suitcase.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
He said that when his own house was burgled six months ago, the thieves walked in through the front door while he was in the house.
Mr Malvern is a British Formula Ford champion and Eurocup champion.
Ilford CID are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information concerning the items stolen to contact Ilford burglary squad on 0208 345 2680.