Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with the murder of a mother-of-two whose body was found in Chadwell Heath.
Valentin Lazar, 20, from Barking, was charged on Monday evening and is due to appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, May 11.
He is charged with murdering Maria Rawlings, 45, from Chelmsford, whose body was found in bushes in Little Heath on May 4.
A post-mortem examination gave a preliminary cause of death as neck compression and possible blunt force head trauma.
Homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the incident room on 020 8345 3865; via 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 3551/4May.
- 1 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 2 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 3 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 4 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 10 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham