Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with the murder of a mother-of-two whose body was found in Chadwell Heath.
Valentin Lazar, 20, from Barking, was charged on Monday evening and is due to appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, May 11.
He is charged with murdering Maria Rawlings, 45, from Chelmsford, whose body was found in bushes in Little Heath on May 4.
A post-mortem examination gave a preliminary cause of death as neck compression and possible blunt force head trauma.
Homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the incident room on 020 8345 3865; via 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 3551/4May.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion