Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with the murder of a mother-of-two whose body was found in Chadwell Heath.
Valentin Lazar, 20, from Barking, was charged on Monday evening and is due to appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, May 11.
He is charged with murdering Maria Rawlings, 45, from Chelmsford, whose body was found in bushes in Little Heath on May 4.
A post-mortem examination gave a preliminary cause of death as neck compression and possible blunt force head trauma.
Homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the incident room on 020 8345 3865; via 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 3551/4May.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford