Ram raiders smash into Woodford Green shop and escape before police arrive
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to the Woodford Green Sainsbury’s shop in the early hours this morning to reports of a ram raid.
A vehicle drove into the front of the shop, in The Broadway, before 1am this morning but it is not believed they gained access to the inside of the store.
No arrests have been made yet and the store is temporarily closed.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Police were called at 00:58hrs on Tuesday, April 7 to reports of a ram raid at a shop on The Broadway, Woodford Green.
“A vehicle was driven into the front of the store; it is not believed access was gained.
You may also want to watch:
“The occupants made off prior to police attendance.
“No arrests have been made.”
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
A spokeswoman for Sainsbury’s added: “Our Woodford Green Local is temporarily closed following an incident and we’re supporting the police with their investigation.
“We’re working to reopen as quickly as possible and are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.”