Ram raiders smash into Woodford Green shop and escape before police arrive
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to the Woodford Green Sainsbury’s shop in the early hours this morning to reports of a ram raid.
A vehicle drove into the front of the shop, in The Broadway, before 1am this morning but it is not believed they gained access to the inside of the store.
No arrests have been made yet and the store is temporarily closed.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Police were called at 00:58hrs on Tuesday, April 7 to reports of a ram raid at a shop on The Broadway, Woodford Green.
“A vehicle was driven into the front of the store; it is not believed access was gained.
You may also want to watch:
“The occupants made off prior to police attendance.
“No arrests have been made.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 5 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
A spokeswoman for Sainsbury’s added: “Our Woodford Green Local is temporarily closed following an incident and we’re supporting the police with their investigation.
“We’re working to reopen as quickly as possible and are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.”