Attempted break-ins at Woodford Green homes by ‘four men’ are linked say police
Police are investigating after reports that four men, one allegedly wearing a red mask, tried to break into Woodford Green homes yesterday evening.
The gang reportedly hit a house in Grenville Gardens at around 6.30pm before later attempting to burgle a property in nearby Broadmead Road.
Residents took to social media to warn others about the group.
Allegedly the men were driving between houses and one of them reportedly wore a red mask.
A Met spokesman confirmed they were called to reports of a burglary, and attempted burglary at those addresses at 6.30pm.
He added: “At this early stage, both incidents are being treated as linked.”
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
- 7 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 8 Man collapses as two arrested following Cranbrook Road crash
- 9 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 10 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
Anyone with information should call police on 101