Attempted break-ins at Woodford Green homes by ‘four men’ are linked say police
Police are investigating after reports that four men, one allegedly wearing a red mask, tried to break into Woodford Green homes yesterday evening.
The gang reportedly hit a house in Grenville Gardens at around 6.30pm before later attempting to burgle a property in nearby Broadmead Road.
Residents took to social media to warn others about the group.
Allegedly the men were driving between houses and one of them reportedly wore a red mask.
A Met spokesman confirmed they were called to reports of a burglary, and attempted burglary at those addresses at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At this early stage, both incidents are being treated as linked.”
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
Anyone with information should call police on 101