Attempted break-ins at Woodford Green homes by ‘four men’ are linked say police
Police are investigating after reports that four men, one allegedly wearing a red mask, tried to break into Woodford Green homes yesterday evening.
The gang reportedly hit a house in Grenville Gardens at around 6.30pm before later attempting to burgle a property in nearby Broadmead Road.
Residents took to social media to warn others about the group.
Allegedly the men were driving between houses and one of them reportedly wore a red mask.
A Met spokesman confirmed they were called to reports of a burglary, and attempted burglary at those addresses at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At this early stage, both incidents are being treated as linked.”
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
Anyone with information should call police on 101