Attempted break-ins at Woodford Green homes by ‘four men’ are linked say police
Police are investigating after reports that four men, one allegedly wearing a red mask, tried to break into Woodford Green homes yesterday evening.
The gang reportedly hit a house in Grenville Gardens at around 6.30pm before later attempting to burgle a property in nearby Broadmead Road.
Residents took to social media to warn others about the group.
Allegedly the men were driving between houses and one of them reportedly wore a red mask.
A Met spokesman confirmed they were called to reports of a burglary, and attempted burglary at those addresses at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At this early stage, both incidents are being treated as linked.”
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Anyone with information should call police on 101