Assault a ‘line of inquiry’ in suspicious Ilford death probe
POLICE investigating a suspicious death in a cemetery say an assault which happened hours earlier is forming “one line of inquiry”.
Investigators are trying to piece together the events which led to the discovery of a body in Buckingham Road Cemetery, Buckingham Road, Ilford, at about 8pm yesterday.
In a separate incident, an assault around the Balfour Road, Ilford area in the early hours of yesterday morning left a man with fractures to his face, neck, back and shoulders.
The man police were hunting in connection with that assault was believed to be possibly homeless and spent time in Buckingham Road Cemetery.
Meanwhile a police cordon remains at the cemetery while officers continue their search of the site.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is yet to take place and no one has been arrested in connection with the death.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences