Assault a ‘line of inquiry’ in suspicious Ilford death probe
POLICE investigating a suspicious death in a cemetery say an assault which happened hours earlier is forming “one line of inquiry”.
Investigators are trying to piece together the events which led to the discovery of a body in Buckingham Road Cemetery, Buckingham Road, Ilford, at about 8pm yesterday.
In a separate incident, an assault around the Balfour Road, Ilford area in the early hours of yesterday morning left a man with fractures to his face, neck, back and shoulders.
The man police were hunting in connection with that assault was believed to be possibly homeless and spent time in Buckingham Road Cemetery.
Meanwhile a police cordon remains at the cemetery while officers continue their search of the site.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is yet to take place and no one has been arrested in connection with the death.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford