Assault a ‘line of inquiry’ in suspicious Ilford death probe
POLICE investigating a suspicious death in a cemetery say an assault which happened hours earlier is forming “one line of inquiry”.
Investigators are trying to piece together the events which led to the discovery of a body in Buckingham Road Cemetery, Buckingham Road, Ilford, at about 8pm yesterday.
In a separate incident, an assault around the Balfour Road, Ilford area in the early hours of yesterday morning left a man with fractures to his face, neck, back and shoulders.
The man police were hunting in connection with that assault was believed to be possibly homeless and spent time in Buckingham Road Cemetery.
Meanwhile a police cordon remains at the cemetery while officers continue their search of the site.
A post-mortem is yet to take place and no one has been arrested in connection with the death.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 8 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games