Assault a ‘line of inquiry’ in suspicious Ilford death probe
POLICE investigating a suspicious death in a cemetery say an assault which happened hours earlier is forming “one line of inquiry”.
Investigators are trying to piece together the events which led to the discovery of a body in Buckingham Road Cemetery, Buckingham Road, Ilford, at about 8pm yesterday.
In a separate incident, an assault around the Balfour Road, Ilford area in the early hours of yesterday morning left a man with fractures to his face, neck, back and shoulders.
The man police were hunting in connection with that assault was believed to be possibly homeless and spent time in Buckingham Road Cemetery.
Meanwhile a police cordon remains at the cemetery while officers continue their search of the site.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is yet to take place and no one has been arrested in connection with the death.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station