Armed police arrest three men in Ilford in connection with London Bridge terror attack
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the London Bridge terror attack made three more arrests and carried out two more searches in Ilford late last night.
From around 10pm officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, supported by armed police, arrested two men on a street in Ilford.
A third was arrested after warrant was carried out at a house, also in Ilford.
Of the two men arrested on the street; one - aged 27 - was arrested on suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts, while the other - aged 33 - was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply controlled drugs.
The third man arrested, at the residential address in Ilford - aged 29 - was also arrested suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts.
You may also want to watch:
All three men have been taken into custody at a south London police station under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Searches of the residential address in Ilford, as well as a business address in Ilford are ongoing.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
The news follows similar raids in Fairfield Road and Christchurch Road, both Ilford, earlier this week.