Armed police arrest three men in Ilford in connection with London Bridge terror attack
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the London Bridge terror attack made three more arrests and carried out two more searches in Ilford late last night.
From around 10pm officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, supported by armed police, arrested two men on a street in Ilford.
A third was arrested after warrant was carried out at a house, also in Ilford.
Of the two men arrested on the street; one - aged 27 - was arrested on suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts, while the other - aged 33 - was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply controlled drugs.
The third man arrested, at the residential address in Ilford - aged 29 - was also arrested suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts.
You may also want to watch:
All three men have been taken into custody at a south London police station under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Searches of the residential address in Ilford, as well as a business address in Ilford are ongoing.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 10 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
The news follows similar raids in Fairfield Road and Christchurch Road, both Ilford, earlier this week.