Armed police arrest three men in Ilford in connection with London Bridge terror attack
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the London Bridge terror attack made three more arrests and carried out two more searches in Ilford late last night.
From around 10pm officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, supported by armed police, arrested two men on a street in Ilford.
A third was arrested after warrant was carried out at a house, also in Ilford.
Of the two men arrested on the street; one - aged 27 - was arrested on suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts, while the other - aged 33 - was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply controlled drugs.
The third man arrested, at the residential address in Ilford - aged 29 - was also arrested suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts.
You may also want to watch:
All three men have been taken into custody at a south London police station under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Searches of the residential address in Ilford, as well as a business address in Ilford are ongoing.
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
The news follows similar raids in Fairfield Road and Christchurch Road, both Ilford, earlier this week.