Armed police arrest three men in Ilford in connection with London Bridge terror attack
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the London Bridge terror attack made three more arrests and carried out two more searches in Ilford late last night.
From around 10pm officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, supported by armed police, arrested two men on a street in Ilford.
A third was arrested after warrant was carried out at a house, also in Ilford.
Of the two men arrested on the street; one - aged 27 - was arrested on suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts, while the other - aged 33 - was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply controlled drugs.
The third man arrested, at the residential address in Ilford - aged 29 - was also arrested suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts.
You may also want to watch:
All three men have been taken into custody at a south London police station under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Searches of the residential address in Ilford, as well as a business address in Ilford are ongoing.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 8 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 9 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
The news follows similar raids in Fairfield Road and Christchurch Road, both Ilford, earlier this week.