Appeal to trace man following brutal Ilford gang rape
- Credit: Met Police
Police are urgently trying to trace a man involved in a brutal gang rape in Ilford where a woman was held captive and beaten in a car before managing to escape.
On Wednesday, November 25, 2020 around 3.30am a woman was forced into a car by two men in Ilford High Road.
She was driven a short distance away, where she was raped inside the vehicle.
The woman, who is in her 20s, also sustained facial and other injuries as a result of being repeatedly punched.
The men drove off with the woman, but she managed to escape from the car in the Ilford area and sought help.
You may also want to watch:
On November 27, three men were arrested in Linconshire in connection with the investigation, one of whom has since been charged with rape.
The other two men have been released under investigation.
- 1 Council offers update on regeneration projects at Ilford BID webinar
- 2 Ilford church turns into vaccine pop-up clinic
- 3 No 10 at odds with Redbridge Council over masks for primary children
- 4 Former Islington head announced as new interim chief exec for Redbridge Council
- 5 Sadiq has proposed Boundary Charge for cars coming from outside London
- 6 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 7 Redbridge students rewarded by police for mental health artwork
- 8 Post Office pledges permanent presence in South Woodford as current site to close in April
- 9 People urged to take part in seven-day food waste challenge
- 10 Green Business scheme proposed by Conservatives voted down
Detectives from the East Area Public Protection Unit are investigating, and are appealing for assistance in tracing another man in connection with the incident.
A CCTV image of a man was obtained from a shop near to the scene of the attack.
Officers are appealing for anyone who can identify the man shown in the CCTV image to contact them at 101 quoting CAD 5887/15FEB.
To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.