Appeal to find muggers who killed a man in Ilford, two years ago today
Police hunting the killers of a man stabbed as he chased a pair of muggers say they believe members of the community are withholding vital information as they renew appeals on the second anniversary of his death.
Sukhwinder Singh was stabbed through the heart in Uphall Road, Ilford during an altercation with two men who had stolen a woman’s handbag moments earlier in Loxford Road.
Two yeas on, detectives still searching for Mr Singh’s killers are urging people with key information to trust them and pass on their accounts.
Acting Det Ch Insp Andrew Kelly, who is leading the investigation, said: “I appreciate that some people are not comfortable speaking to the police but I would ask them to put aside any pre-conceptions they may have and trust the police to deal with their information responsibly.
“Those holding information must understand that catching the killers is their business and not someone else’s.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Singh, 31, of Harts Lane, Barking, chased the pair of muggers around 50 to 70 yards before being attacked at 7pm on January 8.
The stolen handbag has never been recovered by police, who say they believe more than two people may have been involved in the incident.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
It is described as brown leather with a light and dark brown pattern, 10-12 inches in length with two side zips, one straight and one curved, and two straps with a buckle on one.
A silver Samsung E250 mobile phone has also never been recovered by detectives, who believe both it and the bag may have been discarded in a garage area near Charlton Crescent in Barking, about 1.5 miles from the murder scene.
One of the suspects is described as black, 5ft 10in-6ft, skinny with a young face and wearing a black hooded top and light grey jogging bottoms. The second is thought to be a lighter-skinned black man, 6ft tall, of stocky build with possible facial markings or facial hair. He was wearing a light blue hooded top with markings on the sleeves.
Anyone with information should call 020 8345 3775 or to remain anonymous, Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.