Appeal for witnesses after man hurled abuse at train passengers between Stratford and Redbridge stations
Police are hunting a man who hurled a tirade of abuse at a number of passengers on a Tube train running between Stratford and Redbridge stations.
The man was onboard a Central line train on New Year’s Eve at around 2.45pm when the abuse began.
Investigating officer Det Con Martin Wilson said: “A female passenger was on the train travelling between Stratford and Redbridge London Underground stations.
“During the journey she witnessed a man assault a male passenger and verbally abuse a female passenger.
“The woman intervened and was also subjected to a tirade of abuse and threatening behaviour by the man. He was removed by police at Redbridge station.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilson added: “Inquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances surrounding the incident and, at this stage, I am appealing for anyone who was on board the train at the time to come forward with information about what they saw.”
The Stratford to Redbridge stretch of the Central line runs through Leyton, Leytonstone and Wanstead stations.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 405 040, or text 61016, quoting reference LUA/B10 of 01/01/14, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A 26-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of committing a public order offence and has been bailed until February 12 pending further inquiries.